Friday, January 9, 2009

Antenna Toes


Alex was born with some silly toes.



His 2nd toe is on top of his other toes. When he was an infant it would stick up in the air like an antenna, thus Antenna Toes. At first I thought they were weird. Then I just thought they were funny. After a while I just fell in love with them. They make him unique.



And at certain angles, he can even pretend he only has 4 toes!



When Ellie was born I was facing into Hugo's lap, he was sitting on the bed and my midwife was behind me (I was squatting - sort of). When Ellie actually came out, my midwife put her between my legs, I guess I was supposed to pick her up like all those moms do in the homebirth pics and videos... but I couldn't. I was still in pain and I didn't have the energy in my legs to not support my upper body with my arms (at this point, my hands were on the floor on either side of Ellie). I just stared at her, and specifically her toes. I was so hoping that she would have the same silly toes that Alex had. It would be something they would bond over, giggle over and hate together, I thought it would be awesome. At first glance I thought that she did have them, but later on it became clear she got Hugo's toes - where the 2nd toe is longer than the big toe. Now, I guess, this will just be ammunition that they will use against each other.


















No comments: